12 August 2009

Welcome

I have succumbed and joined the masses -- I think, therefore I blog. Until recently I had no interest in blogging, but then I used to have no interest in having a cell phone. I thought I'd feel like I had a ring through my nose, like a bull that can be dragged away from his pleasant reverie of chewing cud at any time by anyone. Now, of course, my cell phone is essential. Times change.

As anyone who has met me can tell you, I talk a lot. My mom always told me I'd been vaccinated with a phonograph needle*. In fact if you ever find me unwilling to talk, call 911 -- something's clearly wrong with me!
*The joke is becoming archaic. I actually had to explain it once to a 20-something.

I do have a habit of flitting from one topic to another completely unrelated topic -- the very definition of non sequitur. Some find it amusing and follow along quite well, while others find it disorienting with accompanying vertigo. (Your mileage may vary.) I defend this, though, as a sign of a highly creative nonlinear mind and a (possibly unintended) source of entertainment. Hence the birth of Non Sequitur Woman: Superhero!

But why a blog? I do have a lot to say, and I can't possibly jam it all into conversations without melting other people's brains. I leave that to River. So this is a place for me to put some of those random thoughts or topics down on virtual paper. Anything I find entertaining, thought-provoking, or that I think readers may find interesting. Above all, though, it will be RANDOM.

Hope you enjoy the results. Comments are encouraged. Especially random ones. :)

Cheers,

Annie aka Non Sequitur Woman

1 comment:

  1. Tigers love pepper. They hate cinnamon.

    Random enough for you?

    ReplyDelete