17 August 2009

A happy surprise

I never like to do things the same way every time. This includes making my mortgage payment. Sometimes I send a check, sometimes pay online, and when unemployed, I call it in and talk to an actual person. Good to keep them up to speed. "Yes, I am still looking for a job. Yes, I will be dee-lighted to call you when I get one." How the call goes depends on the person answering. Sometimes it ain't fun.

This month was different. A very kind and polite woman took the call. While she entered info we got to talking about my last job. Her dad was a mechanic at Boeing, so pretty soon we're talking airplanes. Turns out she loves them like I do!

She was telling me about her dad's planes and I was telling her about "my" 787 and how big the Everett factory is. She actually went online right then to check them out! The call took way longer than it should have, but we had a great time.Instead of the tense and uncomfortable conversation I was expecting, it was like a big ol' love fest for the lazy B. Talk about a pleasant surprise!

Thank you, anonymous Indymac Bank Lady, wherever you are! You totally made my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment